Monday, September 12, 2022

5 Steps of a Phone Call. Build & Balance sales guest Richard Blank Costa Rica's Call Center.

Richard Blank: The client loves anything else that you would add. If you're willing to walk through a little journey with me and close your eyes, I can give you from the beginning to an end of a five minute phone call. I'll walk you through some steps. I'll make it easy for you. It's not advanced because once you see it, You'll never unsee it. And so just allow me just to share some things that I've noticed in the years, that once again will not compromise your ethics values or morals, but I will teach you something today where you'll be able to note when you need more clarification from somebody. All right. Everybody let's begin. This is the way I believe. The average attention span is 30 seconds to two minutes. So let's just use this as the base of thought. All right. Every conversation has an introduction, a body and a conclusion. But if you think about it, if you don't land the intro, your body and conclusion don't even exist. So let's not even think about that. We'll just go on the momentum from just your introduction. We'll focus on that. We mentioned calling companies before, and let's just assume Michael, that the contact ratio is higher than 4%. You're getting calls. You're contacting people. A lot of telemarketers or prospectors will ask people how they're doing. Initially. I prefer, since you have the first chance to speak, use your anonymity. To your advantage, don't be anonymous. The whole call that's shady, but you're allowed to say something the first time. I'm not saying my name. I'm saying the name of your company. I'm gonna ask. How's build I balance doing today. you know, I'm gonna say something like that because obviously Michael's doing great and his company's doing great. And so your combo instead of doing horizon, We're doing vertical. I am stacking questions. Your theory that you've spoken about is open ended verse close ended questions. Yes or no, compared to explanations. I like stacking certain questions. So you can answer it for me to reduce the time and possibly get some sort of traction out of that. So, first we ask how build I balance is doing today. Michael of course says doing great. And then he goes, my name is Michael. Hello? Hello, Michael. Hello, my name is Richard, or you could say, what is your name? That's when you got your first. Buffer boomerang technique. When somebody asks you a question and makes a statement, you buffer it because sometimes the tone may be negative. Michael, you're a nice guy. You're a gentleman, but sometimes people can give you a negative two negative three tone, same question, negative tone. You buffer it by saying that's an excellent question. I just buffered it. The name of my company is Michael and I plus two you back so I can. Buffer it that's an excellent question. Repeat the question and send it back. Which shows active listening. So they don't have to repeat. You're sending back what they said at them. So it's their energy coming back at you. It's your words, but I'm doing it as a plus two. And I'm gonna name drop you as well. Just to teach you little matters, to bring yourself to a plus two level, you don't need to yell at me. You could be a nice person on the phone and I can teach buffer boom, around you with one, two, and three type of questions on how nice you wanna give the response, how you repeat it. So you move along. There's never a repeat or a rabbit. That's the first thing. And I do this with the gatekeeper. So initially they like the fact I repeated their question, said their name answered the question. And I mentioned earlier about the positive escalation. Once they've been so helpful for me, or explained that it's Michael's anniversary or that this company did this, I'm gonna let her know. I can't wait to tell Michael how nice you were now. Of course you didn't wanna transfer the call, maybe one out 10, do that. Maybe, but once that call is transferred, you're starting off with momentum with Michael by saying, hello, this is Michael Michael. I just gotta let you know this individual that works with you is incredible. And then you say, what's your name? here's another. Buffer boomerang. Ah, Michael, glad you asked that question. My name is Richard blank. you know, so you just keep bringing it back, buffer boomerang. So then what happens in the middle of the call? When you're giving lists, you're explaining what you do. We do a, B, c, or D timeout. It's gotta be like a, like a dessert tray. Each one deserves its own its own thing. We can do a. We can do B I'm waiting for either a positive reinforcement or potentially you reacting to that. And so, as I say before, after you mentioned a list of things you might say to them, I'm sure you like, at least one, I didn't say you liked them all. I'm not that brazen, but I'm also confident enough to know, at least you like one. And you might get the one. So instead of doing horizontal, now you're vertical again. And we see how many things you like of that one, but this is what happens in the middle of the call. I told you about 30 seconds to two minutes. I told you about the gatekeeper positive escalation, buffer boomerang one, two, and three technique. We're good to go on that. But Richard, what happens when they're speaking? What do we do? We use the phonetic micro expression reading. What's the purest form of speech, Michael it's it's phonetics. It's the sound. So there's four steps to phonetics. You have tone, which represent your emotion and my suggestion, which you have in abundance. It's confident. And it's empathetic. That is the consistent variable that does not change the mirror imaging technique, which you've always mentioned in your classes of matching people's styles. In my opinion, michael, it should be done with their rate, how fast they go and their pitch. Now we do this every 30 seconds to two minutes. Because that's just how conversations go and you back it up with the answer speed, because that's something they can't do subconsciously you can easily control your tone. You can manipulate your rate and your pitch, but subconsciously it's very difficult for you. To control your answering speed. And so once you see it, you can't unsee it after three weeks, it becomes a habit. It will not hold you back from any work that you do. You'll just be a little more astute, a little more loosed, and you will see the tell signs that people are giving you face to face no over the phone, or if you really want the purest read when you're sitting with somebody close your eyes, and then you can actually, really read these people. Why do I do this? Because if somebody is doing a spike or a dip in regards to their phonetics, then that means that there is a tie down question or a pin down question, or a confirmation question that might happen. Um, you're reacting in a certain way. So I might be saying, Michael sounds good. Right? Or makes sense. Right. Michael or hypothetically, since people are working from. You might have dogs or children or distractions in the background. My suggestion for your audience, Michael is in inadvertently and passive aggressively. Let them know the me too technique that you love dogs , which is really letting you know they're barking. But don't just say that what the real salesperson or the attentive listener does. They ask the follow up question, dogs barking. She loves dogs. I love dogs. It's killing the call, but it's not that. But then I say what's the dog's. Her name is fluffy. Great. I can wait till, you know, fluffy can go outside for a minute. And so once that calms down, you go back a step, but you leap forward three. It's an excellent anchoring technique because you're looking for certain areas of the call, not your pitch and what you're trying to land. Now you're trying to look at that one thing you can connect on if it happens to be a child or a dog or music in the background. Or some sort of anniversary that you can relate to that that's what you anger on. And so this, me too technique in my opinion, is a great way to get back onto the straight line, but let's go to this again. You have a dog barking in the background? My opinion is to say not excuse me. I'm sorry, Michael, can you repeat that? No, no, no. I'm gonna fall on that sword, Michael, for my clarification, when your dog was barking, did you say ABC or 1, 2, 3. Michael says 1, 2, 3. Thank you. It's for my clarification. I'll fluffy was making noise. You know, I couldn't hear you, but it's for my clarification, not, I'm gonna ask you to repeat that because that's an ego defense mechanism that could kill the tone of the call. All of a sudden there's rabbit holes there. So then we get through the body of the call and the greatest thing that could happen in the call is if somebody. Your name, especially in the body, which means once again, you anchored, you, you have this relationship. So the rest of the call's cool, but let's say you get to the end of the call. It's the conclusion. What you would say is since you have me on the phone, Michael, are there any additional questions you may have? I might have forgotten a stack. Remember we spoke about a, B, C, and D. Oh, I like C2. You do like C2. And then we talk about that for a little bit, and those are the additional questions line I get to rake. One more time. Remember in the body of the calls, I'm sure you like, at least one, you liked one out of the four, but then when I raked it again, we recapture one second, one third, one you liked again, I raped you got it. Got a third one. And then I always do this for the icing on the cake. We always confirm your email address or any sort of words with military. Because chances are, you've served, know someone that served, or it's just a great way just to make things tight. And it's kind of funny where the call should be ending and then you do military alphabet. And then the next thing you know, I'm talking about my grandfather that served in Europe and my father in North Korea. So, um, South Korea, excuse me. And so it was, um, it's one of those things where you don't rush the end of the. You wanna make sure that your speed is consistent and you've taken their time. And by recapping and showing active listening. And, and I like to call it like meeting minutes in a sense, you really show this and then Michael we're, we're good to even close it even better for you. Post call. Once I write you again about the appointment we have or the business we're doing, I'm gonna be mentioning the individuals like David, for an example, and others that work with you. So well, their participation because that's a one in a thousand, no one writes that sort of stuff. And you know, when I call you back, And this individual picks up the phone. They're gonna be so happy to speak with me. And they're gonna say, I can't believe what you wrote about me. Thank you so much in 30 years. No one said that. And so that's the Richard circle, Michael that's from the beginning of the call from the company named spike better than they do to the conclusion ranking, positive escalation written. And if you do everything in the middle consistently and staying focused to these 30 seconds to two minute intervals, you will have such balance, you will have such focus. You won't be a print. You'll be an amazing painting. You will have incredible phone calls where strangers or friends you haven't met yet. And you'll probably get a ton of referrals. You'll be getting a lot of phone calls back of the way that you treat people. Michael Neuendorff: Wow. Build and Balance Show has accepted Richard's invitation to join the audience for a solid discussion regarding taking a chance by moving abroad and starting a company from scratch in Costa Rica. Michael Neuendorff discusses with Richard advanced telemarketing strategy, conflict management, interpersonal soft skills, customer support, rhetoric, gamification, employee motivation and phonetic micro expression reading. Build and Balance is dedicated to serving salespeople with 0 - 5 years of experience; and anyone who wants to improve their public speaking skills. Michael Neuendorff been in sales and marketing for more than 20 years and know what it's like to start out in sales. Michael has 25+ years of sales and marketing experience; extensive team building and leadership experience; teaching, training and mentoring experience and a proven ability to think creatively and listen deeply. Michael was a marketing director at Oracle Corporation, and an assistant manager of direct marketing at Softbank Forums. Michael has also been a top inside sales manager and a private English instructor in Tokyo. Richard’s journey in the call center space is filled with twists and turns. When he was 27 years old, he relocated to Costa Rica to train employees for one of the larger call centers in San Jose. With a mix of motivational public speaking style backed by tactful and appropriate rhetoric, Richard shared his knowledge and trained over 10 000 bilingual telemarketers. Richard Blank has the largest collection of restored American Pinball machines and antique Rockola Jukeboxes in Central America making gamification a strong part of CCC culture.Richard Blank is the Chief Executive Officer for Costa Rica’s Call Center since 2008. Mr. Richard Blank holds a bachelors degree in Communication and Spanish from the University of Arizona and a certificate of language proficiency from the University of Sevilla, Spain. A Keynote speaker for Philadelphia's Abington High School 68th National Honors Society induction ceremony. Giving back to Abington Senior High School is very important to Mr. Blank. As such, he endows a scholarship each year for students that plan on majoring in a world language at the university level. Costa Rica’s Call Center (CCC) is a state of the art BPO telemarketing outsource company located in the capital city of San Jose, Costa Rica. Our main focus has been, and will always be to personally train each and every Central America call center agent so that we may offer the highest quality of outbound and inbound telemarketing solutions and bilingual customer service to small and medium sized international companies, entrepreneurs as well as fortune 500 companies. We encourage you to visit one of our call centers on your next personal vacation or business trip to Central America’s paradise, Costa Rica. While you are here, we would recommend taking an extra day of your trip to visit breathtaking virgin beaches, play golf next to the ocean, try your luck at deep sea fishing, explore tropical jungles, climb volcanos or just relax in natural hot springs. Come and see for yourself why call center outsourcing in Costa Rica is a perfect solution for your growing company and a powerhouse in the BPO industry. https://youtu.be/wU3exkExRYw https://www.buildandbalance.com/an-interview-with-the-ceo-of-costa-ricas-call-center-richard-blank-best-practices-in-outbound-sales-conversations/# https://www.buildandbalance.com/an-interview-with-the-ceo-of-costa-ricas-call-center-richard-blank-best-practices-in-outbound-sales-conversations/richard-blank-and-michael-neuendorff/#